Standard Trade Terms and Conditions
1. Due to the volatility of current cotton markets, prices may need to be revised at the time of order.
2. All prices quoted are Net and exclude VAT. If VAT is chargeable, this will be charged at the appropriate rate ruling at the date of delivery of goods.
3. Minimum order quantities are applicable where stated.
4. The prices quoted exclude any orders for the same products currently in the system.
5. Prices are based on your Richard Haworth Limited standard payment terms.
6. Richard Haworth Limited accepts all the usual methods of payment including all major credit cards. Any cheques must be cleared through our bank before orders are despatched. To open a credit account Richard Haworth Limited will require you to complete the credit applications forms. Following approval of the applications, payment terms are due within 30 days from the date of invoice.
7. Richard Haworth Limited operates a standard 2 – 3 day delivery service for stock items. All prices quoted are based on ex works. All deliveries to the UK mainland over £350 (before VAT) are delivered free. Deliveries under £350 (before VAT) will incur a £12.50 (before VAT) carriage charge. Timed/next day or Saturday deliveries will attract an additional cost; this will be detailed at the time of placing the order. Delivery is to be confirmed upon receipt of confirmation order. Any delivery date or dates given by Richard Haworth Limited for delivery of goods are approximate only and are not of any contractual effect. Richard Haworth Limited reserves its right to withhold delivery of any goods to the customer in the event that the effect of such delivery would be to increase the indebtedness of the customer to Richard Haworth Limited in excess of the customer’s credit limit with Richard Haworth Limited.
8. Every endeavour will be made to supply the quantity ordered, but Richard Haworth Limited reserve the right to supply a quantity of 5% over or under the ordered quantity per product line. The value of which will be charged or deducted from the order value where applicable.
9. Product specifications are correct at the time of print. Richard Haworth Limited may need to change the specification of some products during the life of our catalogue without notice. However, Richard Haworth Limited will always endeavour to ensure the new specification is as good as or better than the current.
MADE TO ORDER ITEMS
10. Made to order products are not carried in stock and will be manufactured on receipt of a confirmed order number from you.
11. Please note minimum order quantities of 11+ are required on all orders of this nature. Richard Haworth Limited standard policy for production of made to order merchandise incorporates a tolerance of 10% either over or under the quantities ordered. The value of which will be charged or deducted from the Order value where applicable.
12. Items made to order are NOT subject to return.
13. Products agreed against prices on an ongoing “contracted” basis will require written agreement for a stated period.
14. “Contracted” prices are continually subject to cotton indices, Government levies, increases in labour costs, increases in transport costs, increases in raw material costs, fluctuation of currency and any other factors beyond the control of Richard Haworth Limited.
CUSTOMER SPECIFIC AND BUFFER STOCK CONDITIONS
15. Prices are inclusive of logo, where indicated and where agreed buffer levels will be replenished unless otherwise advised.
16. As with any bespoke item buffer stock residues are subject to invoicing at the end of the contract term.
17. Richard Haworth Limited accepts returned, unused, unpacked and unmarked goods that are standard stock and sizes as detailed in our current brochures within 28 days from order. Our sales team must be notified before any goods are returned. Richard Haworth Limited is not responsible for any costs incurred by the customer due to the returns and Richard Haworth Limited reserves the right to charge a 15% handling fee.
18. Custom colours on the Signature Table Linen range are NOT subject to return.
19. Ensure you retain your Richard Haworth Delivery Notes for all consignments. Check each carton and the contents therein. In the unlikely event of shortages or damages in your delivery, please notify us within 3 days of receipt of goods, otherwise we cannot accept responsibility.
LIMIT OF LIABILITY
20. All goods are supplied by Richard Haworth Limited on the condition that our liability for any fault or defect in the condition, description, fitness or quality for any purpose is limited in amount to a sum not exceeding the purchase price of the particular goods. Richard Haworth Limited shall not incur any liability whatsoever in respect of any goods once such goods have in any manner been treated or dealt with or altered following delivery by Richard Haworth Limited to the customer.
RETENTION OF TITLE CLAUSE
21. The risk in goods shall pass to the customer as follows:
a) where Richard Haworth Limited delivers goods or causes goods to be delivered to the customer or the customer’s order then as from their arrival at the point where they are to be unloaded; or
b) where the customer collects goods or causes goods to be collected then as from the point where they are collected (provided that when goods are loaded onto vehicles, loading shall be the responsibility of and at the risk of the customer).
22. The title in goods shall not pass to the customer until all amounts for the time being due and owing from the customer are received in full by Richard Haworth Limited (whether for the goods or under any other contract made between Richard Haworth Limited and the customer) and until such time both the legal and beneficial ownership in goods shall remain with the company.
23. For so long as the customer remains in possession of any goods whilst title thereto remains with Richard Haworth Limited:
a) the customer shall be fiduciary agent and bailee of such goods for Richard Haworth Limited and the customer hereby grants to Richard Haworth Limited an irrevocable right and licence to enter upon part of its premises to repossess any such goods
b) if the customer shall resell any such goods (or any product therefrom) , the customer shall hold the proceeds of sale thereof (or any debt due to the customer representing the same) upon trust for Richard Haworth Limited and the customer shall not permit such proceeds of sale to be mingled with its own monies and any such debt due to the customer which is subject to such trust shall upon demand be assigned by the customer to Richard Haworth Limited together with all such rights (if any) as the customer may have against its debtor for recovery of the same.
24. Richard Haworth Limited will make every effort to perform the contract but shall not be liable for any loss or damage caused by non-performance or by delay in the performance of any of its obligations to the customer due to act of God, war civil disturbance, government action, strike, lock-out or trade dispute (whether involving its own employees or those of any other person), difficulties in obtaining materials, breakdown in machinery, fire, accidents or any other causes whatsoever beyond reasonable control of Richard Haworth Limited. Should such an event occur, Richard Haworth Limited reserves the right to cancel or suspend all or any part of the contract with the customer, without incurring any liability for any loss or damage thereby occasioned.
25. The above Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.